Message Center

Full-time Employment Opportunity

Minimum Qualifications:

  • National Registry and State of Delaware EMT-Basic
  • Current Healthcare Provider CPR/AED
  • Delaware Emergency Vehicle Operators License/Certificate

Preferred Qualifications:

  • Basic and Structural Firefighting Skills
  • Hazardous Materials Operations
  • Vehicle Rescue
  • Fire Apparatus Driver Operator / Pumps

Note: Equivalent Classes or National Certifications that may qualify for State of Delaware Reciprocity may be considered at the discretion of the BBVFC. Visit the Delaware State Fire School at ( for more information about Reciprocity.

Compensation: Commensurate based on qualifications and experience. The BBVFC has an employee pay scale that allows for 0-3% COLA raise combined with a 0-2.5% Merit raise (total of 0-5.5%) per year for the first 10 years of employment.

Benefit Package: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, State of Delaware County and Municipal- General Pension Plan. 401K and AFLAC is available to employees at their own cost/contribution.

Application: Applications may be downloaded at or picked up at the station between 9am-5pm daily. Completed application and cover letter with resume and training transcript/certificates are to be returned no later than 1700 hours on April 15, 2019. Any questions can be directed to Phil Brackin, EMS Chief, [email protected].

Bethany Beach Vol. Fire Company – EMS

P.O. Box 950

Bethany Beach, DE 19930

Attn: EMS Chief